top of page

NEWS - "Family Displaced After House Fire"

Updated: Apr 9, 2023



TREMONTON - By Ellen Cook, Headliner Media Specialist, April 1, 2023


A Tremonton family is temporarily without a place to live following a fire on Saturday evening, April 1, that started in their garage and quickly spread to their home, causing significant damage to both.


Blair Westergard, Battalion Chief with Tremonton Fire Department, said firefighters were dispatched to the home at 457 N 100 W, Tremonton, at about 6:30 p.m., and found the garage fully engulfed upon their arrival. Despite efforts to contain the fire, it spread into the attic area of the home before being extinguished.


Tremonton was aided by Garland Fire Department throughout the evening and both crews remained on scene until 9 p.m.


Westergard said estimated lost to the home, garage and several vehicles inside was more than $200,000. No cause has yet been determined but he said the residents heard a loud explosion before discovering the fire in the garage. They were able to escape without injury. Further investigations will be conducted by the State Fire Marshal.


A garage fire spread to part of this Tremonton home before being extinquished by firefighters. Courtesy Photo


Comentarios


bottom of page