top of page

NEWS - Fire damages Brigham City motel

The Galaxie Motel in Brigham City sustained $150,000 in damages following an early morning fire. Photo courtesy BC Fire Department

BRIGHAM CITY - Ellen Cook, Headliner Media Specialist, January 21, 2022

Seventeen occupants of the Galaxie Motel in Brigham City have been displaced following a fire early this morning, Friday, January 21, that caused an estimated $150,000 in damages.

A press release from Brigham City Fire Marshal Mike Young said his department received an alarm just after 2 a.m. of a structure fire at 740 South Main. The report said heavy smoke was coming from one of the rooms on the second floor.

Crews from Brigham City, joined by those from Willard and Corinne, responded and located a fire above the ceiling in the attic over one of the living units. The united efforts of those departments had the fire extinguished by 5:30 a.m.

The two-story motel consists of 18 units, and 13 of them were occupied at the time of the fire. All residents were able to be evacuated unharmed but electrical service has been disconnected to the building, leaving those residents without living quarters.

The fire is still under investigation, according to Young, but property owners and renters are encouraged to routinely check smoke detectors to ensure they are working.


bottom of page