top of page

NEWS - Fire Destroys RV, Injures Owner

SNOWVILLE - Ellen Cook, Headliner Media Specialist, February 20, 2023

A Washington state woman received burns after her motorhome caught fire at the Flying J gas staion in Snowville early Monday morning, February 20. Her dog perished in the fire that completely destroyed the RV and all its contents.

A report from the Box Elder County Sheriff's Department said the 58-year-old female was sleeping inside the motorhome about 6:15 a.m., and accidently tipped over a propane heater, which then started a blanket on fire. As it spread, she attempted to rescue her small pet and suffered minor burns to her hands and face.

The woman was transported to Bear River Valley Hospital by ambulance in Tremonton for treatment, as crews from the Snowville Fire Department continued to battle the blaze. The dog was later found deceased in the trailer. A pickup truck owned by Flying J was parked nearby and also suffered about $2,000 in damages. The owner had recently purchased the motorhome, valued at $3,500.

Photos courtesy Box Elder County Sheriff's Department


bottom of page