TREMONTON - By Cari Doutre - April 21, 2021
An early morning electrical accident at Intertape Polymer in Tremonton sent four individuals to the hospital with burns ranging from minor to severe.
Just before 7 a.m. on Wednesday, April 21, employees at the facility were working on an electrical box when the accident occurred. One patient was airlifted out of Bear River Valley Hospital. According to Tremonton Police Chief Kurt Fertig, some of the injured employees were taken to the University of Utah for further medical treatment.
More information on the condition of the injured as well as the cause of the accident have yet to be released. BRVNEWS.com will continue to update this story as more information is made available.
According to Intertape Polymer Group Inc.'s website the company develops, manufactures and sells a variety of paper and film based pressure-sensitive and water activated tapes, polyethylene and specialized polyolefin films, protective packaging, engineered coated products and packaging machinery for industrial and retail use.