TREMONTON – By Marcia Wendorf – March 15, 2020
Tremonton City’s plan for COVID-19 can be found at:
The important things included in the plan are:
1. City services remain fully active.
2. You can pay city bills online at: www.xpressbillpay.com.
3. Both the City Council and the Planning Commission will continue operation.
4. The Justice Court is continuing operation.
5. The library has postponed all programs and will have only limited check-out service starting on Monday, March 16, 2020.
6. All city events are canceled or postponed until further notice.
7. The Food Pantry is continuing but with limited operation and free lunch is canceled. The Boy Scout Food Drive is postponed.
8. Youth soccer player evaluation and coaches’ meetings will continue as planned, however games are being postponed.
9. Adult pickleball and adult soccer are continuing operation. The Slothathlon starting line will become a virtual kickoff.
If you have further questions, you can contact:
1. The Utah Coronavirus Information Line at: 1-800-456-7707.
2. Box Elder School District: https://www.besd.net/
3. Bear River Health Department: https://brhd.org/
4. Utah Department of Health: https://coronavirus.utah.gov/
5. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
There are several things you can do to limit your exposure to the coronavirus. They include:
1. Avoid gatherings of 100 people or greater.
2. Avoid touching often-touched surfaces in public places, such as door handles and elevator buttons.
3. Avoid touching your face (your eyes, nose or mouth) with unwashed hands.
4. Keep your hands clean by using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or washing them with soap and warm water for 20 seconds.
5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in your home or workplace.
Finally, the city says, "Please be mindful of your neighbors, be kind and courteous, check on them as needed. Help us come together as a community."
It is as a community that we will all get through this trying time. This is no time for hoarding items that others might need, or for price gouging.
Please report an incidents of price gouging to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection, Phone: (801) 530-6601, Toll-Free in Utah: (800) 721-7233