NEWS - "Welding to blame for Tremonton garage fire"

Updated: Feb 4


Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by John Hurley

TREMONTON - January 3, 2022


A garage fire at 3074 W. 1000 N. in Tremonton, on Sunday, January 30, was likely the result of welding that had taken place in the garage earlier that morning, according to Tremonton Fire Chief Robert LaCroix.


LaCroix said the fire, which did an estimated $140,000 in damage to the residential home and its contents, was contained to the garage area, although there was substantial smoke damage to the rest of the home, as smoke circulated through the attic.


The fire was called in about 10:20 a.m., after the owner was unsuccessful in his attempts to put it out with an extinguisher and then a garden hose.


Crews from Tremonton and Garland fire departments responded to the scene, bringing a total of 13 firefighters, three engines and Tremonton's ladder truck, as well an ambulance. The fire was out by 11:40 a.m.


Read BRVNEWS.com's previously posted coverage on this fire on the link below.


BREAKING NEWS - "Fire fully engulfs garage on 1000 N., in Tremonton" (brvnews.com)


Photos by BRVNEWS.com and John Hurley

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by John Hurley

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by John Hurley

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com

Tremonton, January 30, 2022 - Photo by BRVNEWS.com